Avira SearchFree Toolbar is a component that installed along with Avira Antivirus in users’ browser. It is designed to increase or decrease text size, alter page font and line spacing, check spelling and so on.
I have noticed that some users are finding a way to uninstall Avira SearchFree Toolbar for various reasons. If you are one of them, this page would help you remove it completely and quickly.
There is a fact you should be clear. No matter what toolbar, they will occupy certain system resource and network speed. So you should uninstall Avira SearchFree Toolbar when you will no longer use it. Moreover, there is no need to install too many toolbars in your browser, which will slow down viewing the websites.
Some toolbars will slow down or hinder browser if they are not uninstall completely or correctly. The same is Avira Toolbar. At least you should know how to use windows add/remove programs to remove it, though it is not the best solution.
- Close all open Web browsers.
- From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”
- Select “Add/Remove Programs” or Uninstall a program in Windows 7
- Select the program with the Avira logo and the text “Avira SearchFree Toolbar”.
- Click “Uninstall”
Don’t be too happy when you finished all these four steps, because for some reasons, Avira Toolbar will be failed to be uninstalled because some reasons and this happen often. If you came up with this problem, I am afraid you have to check your computer’s registry.
- Navigate to Start menu, select Run.
- Enter “Regedit” and click OK.
- Find Avira Toolbar registry entries.
It’s not suggested to try this method manually for it is difficult to accomplish which registry belongs to Virus Doctor, and which one not. Forgetting to delete one of its registries will remain Avira Toolbar in your computer. The worse situation is that when you mis-delete even if one registry which not belong to it, but it is crucial for the system, you will mess up your computer. That will be a nightmare, right?
A perfect Avira SearchFree Toolbar uninstaller
- STEP 1. Download the Uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select Avira SearchFree Toolbar from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “Yes” button to start the uninstall process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the removal.
A professional uninstall software can save your time and prevent you from messing up your PC. It will dig into the system to find out the corresponding registry one by one, and then delete them together and completely. The unneeded software will be removed from your computer completely through this method. Compared with so much searching work, you just need to click your mouse several times to uninstall Avira SearchFree Toolbar from your PC by using Special Uninstaller.