Many people currently are using uTorrent as a download client to connect to one another to share just about any type of file such as pictures, music, movies, etc.
Although this software is widely adopted by users, sometimes people would like to uninstall uTorrent for good. keeping updated with the latest uTorrent as it is available for example.
If you are looking for tips on uninstalling uTorrent completely, please read on and follow the instructions below.
Video Guide: the most recommended method to uninstall uTorrent
Uninstall uTorrent via Add/Remove program – the most common method
If you want to uninstall uTorrent on Windows-based uninstaller, the most common method is to remove it in Control Panel.
- Click Start –> Open the “Control Panel”
- Open the “Add/Remove Programs” option
- Select the “uTorrent” from the list of installed programs
- Run the uninstaller and you will start to remove and uninstall uTorrent
In normal mode, Add/Remove Programs often leaves a lot of trashes in your hard disk and registry.
To conduct a complete removal, you still need to delete the registry keys and entries that belong to uTorrent. A thorough deletion of the components is the major part to keep computer performance stable and fluent in the long run.
C:Documents and Settings\All UsersApplication Data
C:Documents and Settings%USER%Application Data
- Start – Run, and type Regedit. In the Registry Editor, locate the registry entries and then delete. Click Yes when a prompt shows.
- Restart your computer in the normal mode.
Still can’t Uninstall uTorrent – Why not consider an uninstaller software
- STEP 1. Download uTorrent uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select uTorrent from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “Yes” button to start uninstall uTorrent process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the uTorrent removal.
All the uninstallation job can be done easily by using Special uninstaller, and you don’t have to worry about the endless problems when you cannot uninstall uTorrent thoroughly. The Force Uninstall function of Special Uninstaller will make sure all the hidden registry entries and related files are eliminated automatically within a few clicks.