Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 is one of the innovators in the field of security programs for computer system. It enjoys lots of user all over the world. Still, there might be times that you want to uninstall it out of reasons like you would like to upgrade the outdated version or you found another antivirus.
Whatever the reason for your dissatisfaction, what you need now is to wholly remove the software from your computer. Here will offer commonly used methods to remove Kaspersky Internet Security 2013.
Tips for uninstalling it by windows add/remove program
- 1. In order to avoid incorrect uninstallation, make sure you exit Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 at first.
- 2. Navigate to the Start button and press Control Panel.
- 3. Double click the Add/Remove Programs icon, or the Uninstall A Program.
- 4. In the installed programs list, locate Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and press Uninstall button.
- 5. Click “Remove” button and follow the on-screen steps to uninstall it.
Some of the main difficulties with completely removing Kaspersky is that the software tends to have leftovers that embed themselves inside registry, which the Windows Add/Remove Programs software cannot get rid of by simply manual removal.
In another word, you should delete the leftover registry entries after the uninstallation is complete or Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 may not have been uninstalled correctly.
- 6. Click the Start button and the Run.
- 7. Type in “regedit” and press enter to continue.
- 8. Find and delete the related registry entries.
If you are not a computer guru, and you try to delete files manually from your Windows Registry, you may end up with deleting the wrong files and render your computer unstable.
If you don’t want to mess about with your registry (or don’t even know what it is), there is a wiser method to be chosen: uninstall it by using third-party remover such as Special Uninstaller which not only helps you to remove Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 thoroughly but also keeps you far away from remnants, thus improves your PC performance.
- STEP 1. Download the Uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “Yes” button to start the uninstall process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the removal.