AVG Anti-Virus Free 2013 is a professional antivirus program, which enjoys a large number of customers all over the world. It offers comprehensive protection by combining powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention and automatic sand boxing of unknown files. Unlike the stripped down versions of commercial software that other software vendors offer for free, this is the full, completely functional version of the product. Just like other security programs, AVG Anti-Virus is difficult to uninstall. If you’re having trouble in removing it, you should keep on reading this page to find out an easy and quick way to uninstall AVG Anti-Virus 2013.
Uninstall it by windows add/remove program
Take Windows7 for example
- 1. Open Start menu and run Control Panel
- 2. For Classical View, you would see “Program” in the Control Panel. Click “Uninstall a Program” below it. In other case, you should double-click “Programs and Features”.
- 3. You can see AVG 2013 in the list. Highlight it and click “Uninstall” button.
- 4. Follow the instruction to finish removal.
- 5. Reboot your system.
- 6. Delete AVG folder. By default the location for this is C:\Program Files. Note: This folder may or may not be present depending on what contents were installed.
- 7. Perform a Windows search for AVG, and then delete them all.
- 8. Click Start- Run, enter “regedit” and press Enter. Find out its value in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER folders and delete them all.
The above method is not suggested to common computer users because editing registry entries is risky. If you don’t know what you are doing, you could end up messing your system. The best method is simply to use legitimate and professional removal tool. It is faster, safer far less complicated, and it will uninstall AVG Anti-Virus 2013 totally.
Quick way to uninstall
- STEP 1. Download the Uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select AVG Anti-Virus 2013 from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “Yes” button to start the uninstall process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the removal.