Screencast-O-Matic is a popular application that widely used by many people all around the work, especially the United States, Canada and United Kingdom, so there must be lots of people need a good way to uninstall Screencast-O-Matic when those users encountering a program problem or just want to remove it on the computer.
Program Screencast-O-Matic is created as a free screen and webcam recorder that contains those special features like capturing video or picture from the computer screen, then supporting to share it online, or save as a video file on PC. When it is installed on your computer, many associated data and auto-start registry entries which enable the automatic start-up of the program will be created and save on the system.
General removing problems of the program
People may need to uninstall Screencast-O-Matic for many reasons, personal or just being troubled by some problems of the program. It will be the most difficult situation if the program encountering some errors and cannot be uninstalled, such as:
- Program itself is not available on the list of Windows own uninstall feature
- Program refused to be removed
- All associated files and registries cannot be cleaned completely during the removal
- Unknown errors or issues appear when trying to remove Screencast-O-Matic
If Screencast-O-Matic on your computer does not have any of these issues, it will be much easier for your to remove it, conversely, you will need a help of a professional uninstall tool to uninstall Screencast-O-Matic effectively on your PC. Next, I will share two available ways that can help you remove the program easily and quickly on the computer.
Uninstall Screencast-O-Matic with Windows own remover
As we all known that there is a specific removing feature attached on the Windows system, which enable users to remove those unwanted programs on their PCs, it is often the common way for people to uninstall applications. So people can choose to uninstall Screencast-O-Matic in this manual way.
Step 1: uninstall Screencast-O-Matic with Windows own removal tool
- Click on the Start button >>> Control Panel
- Locate Uninstall a program to activate the removing feature
- Highlight Screencast-O-Matic on the list of installed programs which also available for removal
- Click on Uninstall button to start the Screencast-O-Matic removal
- Click Uninstall again during the removal, then click on Close then when removing process finish
- Reboot your computer
- Right-click on Windows icon, then select Programs and Features
- Locate Screencast-O-Matic, then click on Uninstall
- Follow the instructions, and click Uninstall again to start the removing process
- Click Close when complete, then restart your computer
Step 2: delete its remnant files
Check the folder you used to installed the program or save associated files, and there must be many unneeded image or video you captured beforehand, you should totally remove all of these files on your computer.
Files related to the program;
- Screencast-O-Matic.exe – Screencast-O-Matic
Step 3: remove its auto-start registries
Associated registries leaving on the computer is often a big cause for the incomplete removal of the program, when they are not deleted completely on your PC, you will not only be able to uninstall Screencast-O-Matic thoroughly, but also find some related features continue to start-up automatically, or these registry keep occupying the limited system resources. Therefore, cleaning registries is an important step to totally remove Screencast-O-Matic on computer.
it is actually a very risky job to manually modify or remove the registry on PC, because they are not the common files on your computer but contains many crucial registries which are responsible for the system performance. So you should be very careful or conduct a backup before starting to delete any registry file.
- Open the search box on your PC, then type “regedit“
- click to open “regedit” or “Registry Editor” on the search result
- Have a browse at every group of registries, and delete the one with the name of Screencast-O-Matic
Remove Screencast-O-Matic with Special Uninstaller
As an advanced uninstall tool which is particularly used to remove installed applications, Special Uninstaller can help computer users to uninstall Screencast-O-Matic in an automatic way, and the most useful and important part is that it can scan and remove all of leftovers belonging to the program on PC. So, why not use Special Uninstaller to remove Screencast-O-Matic more quickly on your computer?
- Download and install Special Uninstaller
- Launch the removal tool on your computer
- Locate Screencast-O-Matic on the menu, then click on Run Uninstaller
- Click Yes to start the removal, then follow the step to click on Uninstall
- When the removing process finishes, click on Close and back to the uninstaller’s interface
- Click on Scan Leftovers, then delete all of detected leftovers on the computer
- After then, you will receive a message which states that Screencast-O-Matic has been completely removed, just click on OK to complete the removal
- Restart your computer to get a refresh
A professional uninstall can make the program removal and removing problem troubleshooting much easier than taking other methods, and we will be very proud if Special Uninstaller could be your a good choice to uninstall Screencast-O-Matic as well as other installed programs on your PC.