“I didn’t proceed to uninstall Security Monitor Pro due to concerns about the impact on my computer and the unknown publisher. Can anyone please shed any light on this company – is it genuine? And advise how I can safely uninstall the program?”
There are quite a number of users encountered the same problem when they tried to uninstall Security Monitor Pro on PC. This kind of software can be downloaded alongside a legitimate installation when you do not uncheck the option for the additional program.
Security Monitor Pro is a surveillance app designed to help users supervise important locations and prevent possible hazards. It supports up to 32 cameras at the same time. When connected, cameras have to be assigned a brand and model name from an existing list.
Through reading the following content you’ll learn how to safely uninstall this program, in two different ways.
How to Manually Uninstall Security Monitor Pro Yourself
1. Exit Security Monitor Pro first via the System Tray, in case the removal can’t finish because the program is running in the background.
2. Click the Start button in the bottom-left of your screen, and click the Down Arrow.
3. In the Apps screen you can find Security Monitor Pro in the list, right-click on it.
4. Click Uninstall at the bottom of your screen.
5. You’re brought to the Programs and Features, where you can see what programs you’re having in the system. Double-click Security Monitor Pro in the list to activate the built-in uninstaller, and wait for it to finish its job.
6. To check whether there is any remaining files (entries) left in the Registry, hit Windows key + C again, click Search and enter “regedit” to open the Registry Editor.
7. Check for these two folders:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Security Monitor\
- HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Security Monitor\
If you find (one of) the two folders, delete them to completely uninstall Security Monitor Pro.
8. Now you can restart your computer to take effect.
If you want to achieve the desired results more efficiently, refer to the next part, which provides a simpler method for you to uninstall Security Monitor Pro and other programs you don’t need.
Can I Uninstall Security Monitor Pro More Easily?
To spare yourself the tedious work, this is definitely a better way to go. Anytime in the future when you’re facing an unwanted program, you will never need to figure out where to dig in the system to root it out. See how the Special Uninstaller helps you with the removal:
1. Get Special Uninstaller.
Click any of the blue download buttons on the page or visit the homepage to download & install this removal tool.
2. Uninstall Security Monitor Pro.
Double-click its desktop icon to launch it, you will know what programs are currently installed on your PC. Find and select Security Monitor Pro as your target, and click Run Uninstaller to scan for all the related files.
3. Remove the lingering files.
Confirm the removal. When it says “Please wait while Special Uninstaller initializes the uninstall process.” Then you can click Scan Leftovers to scan for its leftovers, and click Delete Leftovers at last to completely uninstall Security Monitor Pro.
Clicking Back will bring you back to the program list, then you may check whether Security Monitor Pro has gone from your PC. Now you can read on to learn some basic maintenance skills that may benefit your PC performance.
How to Prevent PUPs and Optimize Your PC?
According to the feedback of some users, Norton doesn’t block the pop-ups of what was already installed or they unknowingly installed. Some applications are not malicious by the criteria of Norton or that of other antivirus software, so I think the best way to prevent the unwelcome programs from getting in is to pay more attention when you visit a web page, open an email, download and install an application.
And here are several things you can do to optimize your PC performance:
Keep your Windows up to date – Average users can install updates without the help of professionals. Modern versions of Windows are even set to install updates automatically out of the box, so you may not even have to do any of this updating work yourself.
Free up space by removing files and programs – If you’ve been using your machine for a while, you can probably free up disk space by removing the redundant files, and uninstall the needless programs by using Special Uninstaller, just like you can easily uninstall Security Monitor Pro.
Optimize Startup – Open Task Manager (right-click the task bar and select Start Task Manager), and click over to the Startup tab, to easily manage your startup programs without installing any other software.
Feel free to leave your comments to tell us anything you’d like us to know.