Age of Empires III is a real-time strategy game with fantastic good looks on the market which let gamer play as a european ancient bent on exploring and conquering the new world. However, some player have difficulties to uninstall it when they try to reinstall the game. If you’re looking for methods to uninstall Age of Empires III completely from your computer, you can follow the instructions below to put the removal into practice.
Video Guide: How to Uninstall Age of Empires III quickly and effectively
Benefits of using Special Uninstaller
As one of the most powerful uninstall tools, Special Uninstaller will do the following things for you:
- Uninstall Age of Empires III quickly and safely.
- Scan your hard drives to find out any associated files and delete them.
- Analyze your registry to find out any related entries and delete these keys.
How to manually uninstall Age of Empires III from your computer
Step1. Uninstall it via Add/Remove program
- Navigate to the Start menu, and then select Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, select Add/Remove Programs feature.
- Find it in the programs list, click on Remove.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Go to My Computer and locate the installation folder(usually in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III).
- Right click on the folder, then select Delete.
- Navigate to the desktop and empty the recycle bin.
Step3. Delete Age of Empires III registry keys:
- Back to Start Menu and turn to Run.
- Enter “regedit” and click OK to open Registry Editor.
- Locate the following entries and delete them under the plus folder
- Reboot your computer to finish the removal process
Now the game is supposed to be removed from your computer now. However, this method is not recommended to the average users. If you are not confident with dealing with registry entries, it is more suitable and secure to uninstall it in a automatic manner.
Uninstall Age of Empires safely and automatically
- STEP 1. Free download Age of Empires III Uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select it from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “Yes” button to start the uninstall process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the removal.