Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 is categorized as an antivirus program to prevent the computer system from being attacked by dangerous viruses and threats, but some people in recently encounter a problem of being not able to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, if you also have this problem, please follow the removing instructions given on this post.
According to many people’s experience, they find that even though they have uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 on the Windows system with built-in removing feature, those traces and processes associated to the program still remain on the computer. Besides, some people may encounter the program cannot be removed because it had been corrupted so that cannot activate the normal removing process. What’s your problem to remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 smoothly on the PC? You can try to find out the real cause from your computer’s specific situation.
- Program itself has been corrupted – cannot find program name on the removing panel; removing process disrupts unexpectedly.
- Incomplete removal of the application – associated files or processes still can be found after the removal
- Program conflict issue – another program running on the computer affect the program removal.
After getting a general understanding about why people fail to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, it’s time to get start and remove the program thoroughly and quickly on the PC.
Available ways to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 successfully
Way 1 – automated Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 removal
As we all know that an antivirus program is always a complex subject that difficult to be removed on the computer, so I personally would like to recommend you to apply a third party uninstall tool, because the great advantage of this kind of program that it is able to help you detect and remove all of components of the program, because of its advanced removing technology inside.
Special Uninstaller is a specific uninstall application that contains several removing features that can detect all of files belonging to the removing program on the computer, then it will allow the people to clean up all of them via clicking the remove button on its scan result. Sounds great? The following details will show you how to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 with this removal tool.
- Click to open Special Uninstaller on the PC
- Select Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 on the menu, and click on “Run Uninstaller”
- Follow the instructions to remove the program thoroughly from the computer, and please do not choose to install the suggested program if you don’t need
- Then you will receive a message which asks you to restart the computer, just click on the Restart button
- After rebooting the computer system, click on Review all leftovers
- When it shows all of remnants files of the program on the computer, click to remove them
- Finally, you will receive a message with informs you that the program has been removed completely, then you can exit the program and restart your computer.
We can see that the Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 removing process on Special Uninstaller involves the leftovers scan and removal, so you won’t find any trace or file belonging to the program after this removal. If you take the second way to remove it, however, you will need to find out and delete those remnant files by yourself.
Way 2 – manual way to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015
Taking the manual removal way is using the Windows uninstall utility to uninstall the program o the computer, and then, you should additionally take the manual steps to check and delete everything related to the program on the PC.
“Add or Remove Programs” (XP), or “Uninstall a program” (Win 7) or “Programs and Features” (Win 8) is the specific removing feature attached in Windows operating system that allow the user to remove any unwanted program installed on the computer, however, there is always a disadvantage of the removing method: it cannot achieve the complete removal and always leave some files and registries on the PC. So, in order to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, you should finish the program and leftovers removal.
1. First stage of removal:
- Open the Start menu of your computer, then select Control Panel
- Select the uninstall utility on the menu to open it
- Find and highlight Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 on the list, then click on the remove button
- Click on Remove button again on the new window
- Select “I want to permanently remove it”, and “Next”
- Deselect “Install Bitdefender 60-Second Virus Scanner” unless you really need it, then click “Next”
- Wait for a few seconds for the uninstall process, then click to restart your computer when finish
2. Manual leftovers removal:
- Check the installation folder of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, removing everything at there
- Click on Start, and Search, type “regedit” to search out open open Registry Editor
- Browser the registries inside, and delete those with the name of Bitdefender
Resolve program conflict issue during removal
If you suspect that there is another program affect the program removal, you can choose to disable the application and firewall temporarily before your start to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015, thus you will be able to remove the program smoothly without any interference.