As one of the most popular free antivirus programs in the market, avast! Free Antivirus is particularly useful for average computer users looking for simple antivirus software which protect them from current viruses. Although avast! Free Antivirus has so many advanced features and is easy to be used; users may still want to uninstall it for reasons.
Video Removal Guide
Manual Removal Guide
Now you can follow the steps below to remove the unwanted avast! via the Control Panel:
- 1. Close avast! Free Antivirus and end its process, if you are using it.
- 2. Click Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- 3. Double-click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
- 4. In the installed program list, scroll down and click on the “avast! Free Antivirus” entry.
- 5. Right click and select “Uninstall” You will be prompted with a message which ask you to confirm to continue.
- 6. When the uninstall process finished, restart your computer then you successfully uninstall avast! Free Antivirus from computer.
However, there are many disadvantages of the above default uninstall instruction. First, the above method cannot remove related registry value of avast!, which means that you still need to clean them manually.
- 7. Click Start and click Run.
- 8. Type in regedit, and then click OK.
- 9. In Windows regeditor, locate the following document and delete them all.
- 10. Reboot your computer.
This should successfully uninstall avast! Free Antivirus from your system. However sometimes, and this happen often when the program is corrupted or half installed, it fails to uninstall itself. If this is happen to you, then it’s highly recommended using an automatic tool to assist you do the job.
A perfect avast! Free Antivirus uninstaller
- STEP 1. Download the Uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select avast! Free Antivirus from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “Yes” button to start the uninstall process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the removal.