Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 is a strong and easy antivirus software. It offers rock-solid security, simple usability and effective resource usage. Nowadays, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 is considered as the best antivirus software to secure their cyber life. Although excellent as it is, there might be times that you want to uninstall it out of reasons like you want to try another anti-virus program or you would like to reinstall it for an upgrade.
If this is the case of your computer, here is how to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 completely from your computer. By the way, you’d better install other antivirus program to well protect your PC and personal information.
Tips for removal by windows add/remove program
1. In order to avoid incorrect uninstallation, make sure you close any browser windows or any other running applications at first.
2. Open Start, Control Panel–>Add/Remove Programs (in Windows XP) or Program and Features (in Windows Vista and Win 7).
3. Highlight and select Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 in the installed programs list and click Uninstall button to continue.
4. Follow the procedure. Don’t restart your computer.
However, Add/Remove Programs cannot remove all the related information of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 completely especially registry entries, therefore the remaining part would slow down your computer gradually and even cause computer errors such as runtime error, install failure or dll error. If you uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 by the windows add/remove program, it is recommended to clean up windows registry.
Finally, you should restart your computer immediately after the uninstallation is complete or it may not have been uninstalled correctly.
- STEP 1. Download the Uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “Yes” button to start the uninstall process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the removal.