Are you looking for an easy and quick way to thoroughly uninstall McAfee Total Protection 2012 and completely wipe out its associated files without hassle? Though McAfee Total Protection 2012 is a nice computer security software, sometimes it is still necessary for us to uninstall it from the computer. Do you got frustrated by finding no McAfee icon in Control Panel while your new antivirus keeps asking you to uninstall it? Here is the right place to provide you the effective ways in how to uninstall it from your system.
Video removal instructions – without hassles
To uninstall an unwanted program successfully, you firstly need to concern about making sure it’s completely closed.
- 1. Close the program and end its process in Windows Task Manager.
- 2. Click Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- 3. Open Add/Remove Programs.
- 4. Find and then highlight McAfee Total Protection 2012 in the dropdown list, right click it and then choose Uninstall to start the removal.
The second thing you need to ensure is all McAfee files and registry keys have been cleaned up safely. The standard removal might result in a incomplete uninstallation, moreover, you may still get McAfee message popping-up and, any attempts to re-install it or switch to other security software may be fai.
To accomplish it, you can go on to:
- 5. Go to Start -> Run -> Type in “regedit”
- 6. Click OK to open Windows Registry Editor.
- 7. Delete the associated registry entries.
Uninstall McAfee Total Protection 2012 automatically
- STEP 1. Download the Uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select McAfee Total Protection 2012 from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “Yes” button to start the uninstall process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the removal.
With this uninstaller in hand, you won’t risk a danger of messing up your registry while still ending up with an unsuccessful uninstall. As you can learn from the above, this smart automatic uninstaller can not only remove and uninstall programs that users no longer want on their computer, it also automatically scan deep into system and clean everything regarding the files and registry based on the directories provided. After my several tests on this blog, You will definitely find this program perfectly works for all Windows programs.