TightVNC is created as a free remote-desktop application that allow people to control another computer’s screen remotely via the VNC’s RFB protocol, some people easily get the problem that cannot uninstall TightVNC smoothly, so here we can see what’s wrong with this program removal.
Malicious virus attach, program corruption, inutility of the program, people will need to uninstall TightVNC for many reasons, but there are some difficulties or troubles that do not allow us to process the removal successfully, such as:
- Cannot find out the TightVNC program on Control Panel
- TightVNC does not allow to be removed
- People often the an incomplete removal and a lot of leftovers stay on the PC
- Corrupted TightVNC program cannot be uninstalled with the computer removing utility
How can uninstall TightVNC with success? Here are two resolutions that probably helpful for you.
Resolutions to uninstall TightVNC on computer
Automatic removal – apply a third-party uninstall tool
This is one removal method that I would firstly and mostly like to recommend to all the users especially the common people who have limited computer knowledge and experience, because a good uninstall tool can replace the people to complete the program removal without any manual and complex step, which is the Windows attach uninstall utility usually cannot do. To prove the point, you can download and install Special Uninstaller for a try, which is a advanced uninstall tool that will help you uninstall TightVNC quickly and completely.
- Enter Ctrl + Alt + Del to open the take manager on your computer
- Stop the running of TightVNC associated processes
- Open Special Uninstaller on the PC, find and click on TightVNC on the interface
- Click on “Run Uninstaller”, confirm the removal via clicking “Yes” in the prompt
- Follow the instructions to finish the standard removal, and don’t close the uninstaller immediately
- Click on the “Scan and remove leftovers” to remove all of remnant files
- Make sure all of leftovers are deleted, and back to the step one to confirm that TightVNC cannot be found on the list
- Restart your PC
Manual removal – uninstall TightVNC by yourself
Windows attach uninstall utility is the common way that people often choose to uninstall program, but most of them do not know that the removal usually left overs some components especially the registry keys on the computer. To complete the removal, you should finish all of following steps besides using the Windows attach uninstall utility.
Uninstall TightVNC with Add/Remove programs
- Open Start menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
- Find out and locate the TightVNC on the program list
- Click the remove button below
- Complete the removing process
- Restart the computer after finish to uninstall TightVNC process
- Open the System Registry Editor, identify and remove all of related registries
- Delete the TightVNC install folder if it still on the computer
- Restart the computer