Norton Internet Security is able to provide a thoughtful protection against all Internet threats, whether they are known or previously unidentified. Norton Internet Security is one of the most difficult security software to remove from a system. Usually going thru add/remove programs can not uninstall Norton Internet Security completely. It means that if you wish to uninstall Norton Internet Sercurity and switch to another security program, it may be a little difficult.
There were traces still left in the registry and the leftovers are still recognized by Windows operating system. To get rid of them, you can follow the below instructions:
Manual method to fully uninstall Norton Internet Security
1. Shut down all the unnecessary programs.
2. Click Start – Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs – Norton Internet Security – choose Uninstall and then follow the wizard to uninstall Norton Internet Security.
3. Click Yes to confirm that you want to remove Norton Internet Security.
4. When the removal is complete, click “Finish”, and restart your computer.
Sometimes Norton Internet Security can’t be removed completely if you only try the Windows Add/Remove Program. In order to 100% uninstall Norton Internet Security from your computer, you need to ensure that all the files, folders, empty or corrupt Windows entries, values and keys related to this software are cleaned thoroughly, or they may have negative impact on the installation of new antivirus program. So next you need to disable all instances of Norton Internet Security from auto starting when booting your PC.
1. Press Windows Key+R to bring up the “Run” applet.
2. Type in “services.msc” (without quotes) to bring up the Services applet
3. Locate all the listings for Norton Internet Security, Right-Click each one, and choose Properties.
4. In the drop down menu, change the Startup type to “Disabled”.
So this does the job but it’s not quick and safe enough. Then you can also try another way.
Uninstall Norton Internet Security completely with hassle free:
- STEP 1. Download Norton Internet Security Uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select Norton Internet Security from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “OK” button to start uninstall Norton Internet Security process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the removal.
Video Guide: Fully Remove Norton Internet Security with Special Uninstaller
Special Uninstaller is actually a fantastic removal tool that can help you fully remove & uninstall Norton Internet Security with ease and make sure all the now-defunct Registry entries and related files are wiped automatically with a few clicks. Aside from this software, it can also completely remove other programs like AVG Anti-Virus, Avira Antivirus, or Panda Anti-Virus, and any unwanted programs you want to remove.