This is a step by step article that describes how to uninstall Inkscape from your PC running Windows using the standard Windows removal steps or Special Uninstaller.
What is Inkscape?
Inkscape is professional quality vector graphics software which runs on Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux. It is used by design professionals and hobbyists worldwide, for creating a wide variety of graphics such as illustrations, icons, logos, diagrams, maps and web graphics. Inkscape uses the W3C open standard SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) as its native format, and is free and open-source software.
The new version of Stream was released in recent days. But many people cannot upgrade it to v4.4 and get some errors in removing Inkscape. The following will help you resolve this problem.
The first solution: manually uninstall Inkscape
- Step 1: quit all the processes related to Inkscape with Windows Task Manager. Such as inkscape.exe, inkview.exe, gspawn-win64-helper.exe, gspawn-win64-helper-console.exe, etc.
- Step 2: Start built-in uninstaller of Inkscape in its installation directory, then operate step by step to uninstall Inkscape as prompts you see.
- Step3: Delete all leftovers of Inkscape.
- Open Windows Registry Editor
- Press keyboard combination Ctrl+F
- Type the name of Inkscape or path of where Inkscape was installed in the “Find what” box.
- Click “Find next”.
The second solution: automatically uninstall Inkscape with Special Uninstaller.
- Step 1: Download and install Special Uninstaller.
- Step 2: Start Special Uninstaller and find the Inkscape icon in the list view of installed software.
- Step 3: Click “Run Uninstaller”, then Special Uninstaller will execute built-in uninstaller of Inkscape.
- Step 4: Clicking “Delete Leftovers” will clean all the leftovers concerned with Inkscape immediately.
Also, to save time and avoid failure of uninstalling, we make a video for readers who do not have the patience to read this article or are not familiar with computer. The following video is easy to guide the uninitiated to uninstall Inkscape. The following video is easy to guide the uninitiated to uninstall Inkscape.