This is a step by step article that describes how to uninstall OpenOffice from your PC running Windows using the standard Windows removal steps or Special Uninstaller.
What is OpenOffice?
Apache OpenOffice is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers. It stores all your data in an international open standard format and can also read and write files from other common office software packages. It can be downloaded and used completely free of charge for any purpose.
The new version of Stream was released in recent days. But many people cannot upgrade it to v4.4 and get some errors in removing OpenOffice. The following will help you resolve this problem.
The first solution: manually uninstall OpenOffice
- Step 1: quit all the processes related to OpenOffice with Windows Task Manager. Such as sbase.exe, scalc.exe, sdraw.exe, simpress.exe, smath.exe, soffice.exe, sweb.exe, swrite.exe, rebasegui.exe, rebaseoo.exe, quickstart.exe, unopkg.exe, unoinfo.exe, odbcconfig.exe, senddoc.exe, python.exe, wininst-6.0.exe, wininst-7.1.exe, wininst-8.0.exe, wininst-9.0.exe, regcomp.exe, uno.exe, regview.exe, etc.
- Step 2: Start built-in uninstaller of OpenOffice in its installation directory, then operate step by step to uninstall OpenOffice as prompts you see.
- Step3: Delete all leftovers of OpenOffice.
- Open Windows Registry Editor
- Press keyboard combination Ctrl+F
- Type the name of OpenOffice or path of where OpenOffice was installed in the “Find what” box.
- Click “Find next”.
The second solution: automatically uninstall OpenOffice with Special Uninstaller.
- Step 1: Download and install Special Uninstaller.
- Step 2: Start Special Uninstaller and find the OpenOffice icon in the list view of installed software.
- Step 3: Click “Run Uninstaller”, then Special Uninstaller will execute built-in uninstaller of OpenOffice.
- Step 4: Clicking “Delete Leftovers” will clean all the leftovers concerned with OpenOffice immediately.
Also, to save time and avoid failure of uninstalling, we make a video for readers who do not have the patience to read this article or are not familiar with computer. The following video is easy to guide the uninitiated to uninstall OpenOffice. The following video is easy to guide the uninitiated to uninstall OpenOffice.