What is Steam?
Steam is a digital distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation, which offers digital rights management (DRM), multiplayer gaming, video streaming and social networking services. Steam provides the user with installation and automatic updating of games, and community features such as friends lists and groups, cloud saving, and in-game voice and chat functionality.
The new version of Stream was released in recent days. But many people cannot upgrade it to v18.104.22.168 and get some errors in removing Steam. The following will help you resolve this problem.
The first solution: manually uninstall Steam
- Step 1: quit all the processes related to Steam with Windows Task Manager. Such as Steam.exe, steaming_client, steam_monitor, steamservice, steamwebhelper, etc.
- Step 2: Start built-in uninstaller of Steam in its installation directory, then operate step by step to uninstall Steam as prompts you see.
- Step3: Delete all leftovers of Steam.
- Open Windows Registry Editor
- Press keyboard combination Ctrl+F
- Type the name of Steam or path of where Steam was installed in the “Find what” box.
- Click “Find next”.
The second solution: automatically uninstall Steam with Special Uninstaller.
- Step 1: Download and install Special Uninstaller.
- Step 2: Start Special Uninstaller and find the Steam icon in the list view of installed software.
- Step 3: Click “Run Uninstaller”, then Special Uninstaller will execute built-in uninstaller of Steam.
- Step 4: Clicking “Delete Leftovers” will clean all the leftovers concerned with Steam immediately.
Also, to save time and avoid failure of uninstalling, we make a video for readers who do not have the patience to read this article or are not familiar with computer. The following video is easy to guide the uninitiated to uninstall Steam. The following video is easy to guide the uninitiated to uninstall Steam.