GOM Media Player is a free multimedia player with popular video and audio codecs built-in. GOM Player supports file formats such as AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, XviD, WMV, ASF. It’s available for Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
When having problems, users may have to uninstall and reinstall it as solutions. However, this method doesn’t work sometimes. It is because uninstalling Chrome incompletely and incorrectly would not fix the problem. Read this article and then you will be able to totally uninstall GOM Media Player easily with the following three simple methods.
Uninstall it from Windows with this Detailed Tutorial
1. Click on the Start button, select Run, and type taskmgr in the open box to start Task Manager.
2. End all related processes in Task Manager.
3. Close Task Manager. Open the Start menu again, and choose Control Panel.
4. For Windows XP, choose Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 7, choose Uninstall a program.
5. Locate GOM Media Player in the list of currently installed programs, and select Change/Remove on Windows XP, or Uninstall on Windows 7.
6. Follow the prompts to finish the removal.
7. Remove its leftovers as well.
Uninstall GOM Media Player with 3rd Party Uninstall Tool
Sometimes the above may not as smooth as we expected, and sometimes this methods would bring us problems such as messing up other programs on the computer. And that is why a 3rd party uninstall tool is highly recommended to you.
A powerful, trusted and reliable uninstall tool has the following features:
- It works faster than the standard Windows Add/Remove Programs.
- It can wipe out the empty or corrupted registry entries that a certain program left over.
- It can protect your computer from corrupted errors and further improve your PC performance.
- Its feature of Force Uninstall can ensure you uninstall any unwanted programs thoroughly and instantly.
- STEP 1. Download the Uninstall Tool and Install It.
- STEP 2: Select GOM Media Player from the detected program list and click “Run Uninstaller”.
- STEP 3: Click “Yes” button to start the uninstall process.
- STEP 4: Wait for the standard uninstall process to be completed and select Scan Leftovers to detect leftover files/registry entries and click Delete Leftovers.
- STEP 5: Click “OK” to finish the removal.
- We suggest you use a professional removal tool called Special Uninstaller which can get rid of any unwanted program or application not only on your driver but also on your registry, as well as the various infected files & settings it has placed onto it. Special uninstaller can automatically wipe off them within few steps.