Recently, Bellsouth Toolbar has attracted complaints because many people think that it always bring many problems and security applications also regard it as a malicious browser hijacker, and needed to uninstall Bellsouth Toolbar and the related attachment completely.
Bellsouth Toolbar claims to be an authorized Browser Helper Object (BHO) that can be installed in the browser within the Microsoft operating system, it usually change the browser’s advanced options such as adding the toolbars on browser, change the default homepage and search engine automatically, many people are not satisfied with this and want to clean it. But the following problems often bother the people:
- Bellsouth Toolbar refuse to be uninstalled and cleaned on the browser
- Severals settings like the homepage and search engine cannot be restored to the previous situation
- Bellsouth Toolbar and related add-ons still stay on the browser after the removal
Wish a good way to uninstall Bellsouth Toolbar properly and thoroughly? Keep going and read the following content.
Proper ways to uninstall Bellsouth Toolbar on the browser and PC
Manual way to get rid of the toolbar
Remove virus infections with antivirus program
If you suspect that there is a virus infection on the computer, please take the first step to check your computer security with a powerful antivirus application, after ensuring the computer is in a safe situation, you can get start to uninstall Bellsouth Toolbar on your PC.
One – remove Bellsouth Toolbar process
- Click to open the Start menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
(for Win 8 users, click This PC > Computer > Open Control Panel)
- Select Bellsouth Toolbar process on the list, click on the remove button to start the uninstallation
Two – clean the toolbar on all of installed browsers
On Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (with three bars)
- Click on Tools, and then Extensions
- Disable and remove Bellsouth Toolbar and other unknown toolbars
- Go to the setting section, click “Manage Search Engine…”
- Change your default search engine to avoid the one which associated to the Bellsouth Toolbar toolbar
- Restart your computer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools or the gear icon at the top, and select Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab in the Internet Options window, click on Reset button on the right side
- Continue and go to the Delete personal settings box, click on Reset
- Close the window when the resetting is completed, click OK
- Restart the Internet Explorer
On Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox, click on Firefox button at the top left corner, click on Help
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” on the Help sub-menu
- Then you will receive a confirmation window, click on Reset Firefox to continue the resetting
- Allow the Firefox to be closed, it will open again, and your Firefox will be reset
- Click on Finish when there is a pop up telling you about the changes
It is for sure that the manually cleaning the toolbar on PC will takes you some time and energy, if you want the Bellsouth Toolbar removal can be much easier but also removed thoroughly, it is recommended to use Special Uninstaller, an automatic and advanced uninstall tool.
Automatic way to uninstall Bellsouth Toolbar with Uninstaller
Compare to the manual removal, Bellsouth Toolbar can be cleaned automatically as long as you get a sophisticated uninstall tool like Special Uninstaller. Please refer to the instructions to uninstall Bellsouth Toolbar completely with the automatic removal tool.
1. Open Special Uninstaller after installing on the computer
2. Find and highlight the Bellsouth Toolbar process on the interface, click “Run Uninstaller”
3. Click “Yes” icon to launch the removing process, wait it is completed, click on “Scan leftovers”
4. When it presents the leftovers on the scan result, click to remove all of them
5. Click to back to the step one, and click “Plug-in Cleaner”
6. Click “Scan Now ” to find out all of toolbars on PC
7. Select Bellsouth Toolbar, click Clean
8. Clean all of other related add-ons with the same step
9. Close the program, restart the PC
With the Special Uninstaller and specific steps, you will be able to uninstall Bellsouth Toolbar on the computer and browser completely.