It seems like many people in currently ar encountering the same problem of being not able to clean and uninstall MyWebFace Toolbar thoroughly on the computer. Is it really so difficult to clean it for many of us? As long as you get the proper solution from this post, I think you guys will quickly resolve this error without any problem.
File name: MyWebFace Toolbar
Brief description: a browser add-on that used to install in the general web browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, and specifically allow the user to create their online cartoon images via selecting their look, characteristics and styles from their face photos.
Once install this toolbar on the computer, besides the new toolbar application, many people will see a lot of changes occurring on their browsers, so if you want to uninstall MyWebFace Toolbar completely, please make sure that all of these settings and files being removed from your PC. Otherwise, you will find the stubborn toolbar still appears on the browser after the removal.
Proper ways to uninstall MyWebFace Toolbar on the browser and PC
Manual way to get rid of the toolbar
One – remove virus infections with antivirus program
If you suspect that there is a virus infection on the computer, please take the first step to check your computer security with a powerful antivirus application, after ensuring the computer is in a safe situation, you can get start to uninstall MyWebFace Toolbar on your PC.
Two – remove MyWebFace Toolbar process
- Click to open the Start menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
(for Win 8 users, click This PC > Computer > Open Control Panel)
- Select MyWebFace Toolbar process on the list, click on the remove button to start the uninstallation
Three – clean the toolbar on all of installed browsers
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (with three bars)
- Click on Tools, and then Extensions
- Disable and remove MyWebFace Toolbar and other unknown toolbars
- Go to the setting section, click “Manage Search Engine…”
- Change your default search engine to avoid the one which associated to the MyWebFace Toolbar toolbar
- Restart your computer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools or the gear icon at the top, and select Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab in the Internet Options window, click on Reset button on the right side
- Continue and go to the Delete personal settings box, click on Reset
- Close the window when the resetting is completed, click OK
- Restart the Internet Explorer
- Open Firefox, click on Firefox button at the top left corner, click on Help
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” on the Help sub-menu
- Then you will receive a confirmation window, click on Reset Firefox to continue the resetting
- Allow the Firefox to be closed, it will open again, and your Firefox will be reset
- Click on Finish when there is a pop up telling you about the changes
It is for sure that the manually cleaning the toolbar on PC will takes you some time and energy, if you want the MyWebFace Toolbar removal can be much easier but also removed thoroughly, it is recommended to use Special Uninstaller, an automatic and advanced uninstall tool.
Automatic way to uninstall MyWebFace Toolbar
If you think that the manual is too complicated or time consuming, you can employ a good uninstall application like Special Uninstaller to replace you complete the MyWebFace Toolbar removal, it can help you to uninstall MyWebFace Toolbar process, and then also help to remove its associated toolbars and plug-ins on the browser automatically, which can effectively skip the laborious procedures of manually cleaning on every browser.
- Open Special Uninstaller which has been installed on your computer
- Select the MyWebFace Toolbar program, then click on “Run Uninstaller” to start the removing process
- Click on “Scan leftovers” button to check the remnant files
- Choose to remove all of leftovers, then click “Back” to go back to the first interface
- Click “Plug-in Cleaner”, and “Scan Now”
- When it shows all of plug-ins on your PC, find and select MyWebFace Toolbar
- Click on “Clean” icon to finish the removal.