Browser extension Guffins Toolbar is designed by the MindSpark InterActive that can be installed within the general web browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. It often creates some problems when people decide to uninstall Guffins Toolbar, so we should start to learn the correct removing way.
It is for certain that many settings and options on the browser will be changed once you install Guffins Toolbar on the computer. For example, it will change your homepage from Goggle or any other to “home.tb.ask.com”, modified to default search engine to search.tb.ask.com. This toolbar is often bundled with other freeware and installed with them on the computer, many people often neglect to in-select installing the attached toolbar with the application, so they will be very surprised or wondering about this add-on suddenly appearing on their browsers.
The reason why people always cannot remove the toolbar on browser successfully is because the associated settings and components haven’t been removed completely on the browser or the PC, so you should learn the way below to clean it up on your computer.
Proper ways to uninstall Guffins Toolbar on the browser and PC
Manual way to get rid of the toolbar
One -Remove virus infections with antivirus program
If you suspect that there is a virus infection on the computer, please take the first step to check your computer security with a powerful antivirus application, after ensuring the computer is in a safe situation, you can get start to uninstall Guffins Toolbar on your PC.
Two – remove Guffins Toolbar process
- Click to open the Start menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
(for Win 8 users, click This PC > Computer > Open Control Panel)
- Select Guffins Toolbar process on the list, click on the remove button to start the uninstallation
Two – clean the toolbar on all of installed browsers
On Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (with three bars)
- Click on Tools, and then Extensions
- Disable and remove Guffins Toolbar and other unknown toolbars
- Go to the setting section, click “Manage Search Engine…”
- Change your default search engine to avoid the one which associated to the Guffins Toolbar toolbar
- Restart your computer
On Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools or the gear icon at the top, and select Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab in the Internet Options window, click on Reset button on the right side
- Continue and go to the Delete personal settings box, click on Reset
- Close the window when the resetting is completed, click OK
- Restart the Internet Explorer
On Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox, click on Firefox button at the top left corner, click on Help
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” on the Help sub-menu
- Then you will receive a confirmation window, click on Reset Firefox to continue the resetting
- Allow the Firefox to be closed, it will open again, and your Firefox will be reset
- Click on Finish when there is a pop up telling you about the changes
It is for sure that the manually cleaning the toolbar on PC will takes you some time and energy, if you want the Guffins Toolbar removal can be much easier but also removed thoroughly, it is recommended to use Special Uninstaller, an automatic and advanced uninstall tool.
Automatic way to uninstall Guffins Toolbar
Applying an advanced uninstall tool to remove Guffins Toolbar is the automatic way to resolve this hot issue. Compare to the manual removal, the professional uninstall application is able to help the user to scan and remove all of files and data related to the specific program, and then offer the automatic removing service to get rid of them quickly without any leftovers. The listed Special Uninstaller is just a good uninstall tool that can easily help the user to uninstall Guffins Toolbar, you can see the removing details below:
- Open Special Uninstaller on the computer
- find and locate the Guffins Toolbar program, then click on “Run Uninstaller”
- It will pop-up another window to show you the removing procedure, click on “Scan leftovers” after the removal
- Select to remove all of leftovers after scanning
- Click “Back” and go to the main interface, open “Plug-in Cleaner”
- Click on “Scan Now” button, then choose to clean Guffins Toolbar on the list.