Browser add-on Motitags Toolbar is developed by Mindspark Inc. and can be installed in the Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, but many removing problems would happen when people need to clean it on the browser, how can uninstall Motitags Toolbar for good? Please continue to read this post.
Like many other toolbars on the browser, when Motitags Toolbar is installed, it will change the homepage and search engine to “www.home.tb.ask.com” and “search.tb.ask.com”, and the toolbar is specially used to input the smileys in the emails like AOL, Yahoo!, Outlook Live and Gmail. For many reasons, people may want to uninstall Motitags Toolbar on their browsers and PCs. However, the problem is that the browser extension is hard to be removed successfully on the computer although people have tried many ways to get rid of it. It seems that getting the proper methods to remove Motitags Toolbar is very important.
Effective ways to uninstall Motitags Toolbar completely
Automatic way to uninstall Motitags Toolbar
First of all, you should be clear that there are two items should be removed on the computer: the Motitags Toolbar application on your computer system, and the Motitags Toolbar adding on your browser. So it is not a correct way if you just focus on removing it on the web browser. And now, the most popular and effectively way that can help people to remove installed programs is using a good and professional uninstall program. Therefore, it is for certain that as long as you choose a good and powerful uninstall tool, you will be able to uninstall Motitags Toolbar completely and quickly on your PC and browser.
Special Uninstall is a sophisticated one that not only removing the installed program but also the toolbar with its additional plugin cleaning feature, how does the uninstaller remove Motitags Toolbar on the computer? Please look at the detailed removing instructions.
1. Open Special Uninstaller which you have been installed on your PC
2. Choose Motitags Toolbar on the program list, then click Run Uninstaller
3. Complete the first stage of removal, and click on Scan leftovers
4. Remove all of detected leftovers, and back to the step one
5. Click to open “Plug-in Cleaner”, then click on “Scan Now”
6. It will display a list which shows all of installed toolbars on your browser, select “Motitags Toolbar” , then click on “Clean” icon
7. When it is finished, close the uninstaller and restart your computer.
Manual way to get rid of the toolbar
Remove virus infections with antivirus program. If you suspect that there is a virus infection on the computer, please take the first step to check your computer security with a powerful antivirus application, after ensuring the computer is in a safe situation, you can get start to uninstall Motitags Toolbar on your PC, then manually clean it on all the browsers.
One – remove Motitags Toolbar process
- Click to open the Start menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
(for Win 8 users, click This PC > Computer > Open Control Panel)
- Select Motitags Toolbar process on the list, click on the remove button to start the uninstallation. Please remember to remove all of related components and settings during the removal.
Two – clean the toolbar on all of installed browsers manually
- Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools or the gear icon at the top, and select Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab in the Internet Options window, click on Reset button on the right side
- Continue and go to the Delete personal settings box, click on Reset
- Close the window when the resetting is completed, click OK
- Restart the Internet Explorer
- Open Firefox, click on Firefox button at the top left corner, click on Help
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” on the Help sub-menu
- Then you will receive a confirmation window, click on Reset Firefox to continue the resetting
- Allow the Firefox to be closed, it will open again, and your Firefox will be reset
- Click on Finish when there is a pop up telling you about the changes