Even though the toolbar is just a small add-on that only installs on the browser for the convenient use and access to the target site, there are some cases that people feel hard to remove it on the computer. Uninstall Fox News Toolbar is also a hot issue that many people can’t find a way to clean it up.
About Fox News Toolbar
It is also a browser add-on that powered by the Conduit, and also change your homepage and default search engine to the site associated Conduit such as search.conduit.com. And according to many people who have this extension on the computer, it even displays many advertisements and redirects the search results without your permission.
Problems with Fox News Toolbar removal
It seems like people can install the toolbar on the browser with ease, however, the removal is quite the reverse. It is often the case that even though people think that they have been finished to uninstall Fox News Toolbar, but when they restart the computer and open the web browser again, the toolbar still appears on the original place. What’s going on in the removal? Maybe you have no caught the effective approach to remove Fox News Toolbar on your computer.
Instructions about how can uninstall Fox News Toolbar correctly
Manual solution to clean the toolbar
Remove virus infections with antivirus program
If you suspect that there is a virus infection on the computer, please take the first step to check your computer security with a powerful antivirus application, after ensuring the computer is in a safe situation, you can get start to uninstall Fox News Toolbar on your PC.
One – remove Fox News Toolbar process
- Click to open the Start menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
(for Win 8 users, click This PC > Computer > Open Control Panel)
- Select Fox News Toolbar process on the list, click on the remove button to start the uninstallation
Two – clean the toolbar on all of installed browsers
- Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools or the gear icon at the top, and select Internet Options
- Go to the Advanced tab in the Internet Options window, click on Reset button on the right side
- Continue and go to the Delete personal settings box, click on Reset
- Close the window when the resetting is completed, click OK
- Restart the Internet Explorer
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (with three bars)
- Click on Tools, and then Extensions
- Disable and remove Fox News Toolbar and other unknown toolbars
- Go to the setting section, click “Manage Search Engine…”
- Change your default search engine to avoid the one which associated to the Fox News Toolbar toolbar
- Restart your Google Chrome
- Open Firefox, click on Firefox button at the top left corner, click on Help
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” on the Help sub-menu
- Then you will receive a confirmation window, click on Reset Firefox to continue the resetting
- Allow the Firefox to be closed, it will open again, and your Firefox will be reset
- Click on Finish when there is a pop up telling you about the changes
It is for sure that the manually cleaning the toolbar on PC will takes you some time and energy, if you want the Fox News Toolbar removal can be much easier but also removed thoroughly, it is recommended to use Special Uninstaller, an automatic and advanced uninstall tool.
Automatic solution to uninstall Fox News Toolbar
If you don’t want to be involved in the clunky manual removing steps, the automatic solution will be much suitable and better for you to complete that removal. But how to conduct the automatic Fox News Toolbar removal? Firstly, you will need a professional uninstall tool, which is specified in clean the installed program effectively on the computer. When you enter the uninstaller on Google search, you will find that there are many options (uninstall tool) you can choose on the Internet, just select the reputable one like Special Uninstaller, then start the removing task.
- Install Special Uninstaller on the PC, and open it
- Find and locate Fox News Toolbar on the installed program list, and click on “Run Uninstaller”
- Click Yes to confirm the removal, and follow the instruction to finish the removal
- Click “Scan leftovers”, the remove all of them on your PC
- Click “Back” and go to the first stage, and click “Plug-in Cleaner”
- Click “Scan Now” to scan for all toolbars on the PC, then select Fox News Toolbar on the result
- Hit the “Clean” button to remove the toolbar on the browser to uninstall Fox News Toolbar completely
- Close the uninstall tool, and reboot the computer