Can’t find a way to remove the AVG associated programs on your computer, what’s wrong with the program removal? Take our suggestions here to uninstall AVG Performance effectively.
About the AVG application
AVG Performance is a new product of AVG technology that provides several optimized features to enhance the computer performance, such as the start manager, disk clean, duplicate file clean and so on. Sometimes people also get another program AVG PC TuneUp when install AVG Performance.
Why cannot uninstall AVG Performance? No one can explain that in one or two sentences, because there are many possible causes for that problem on different computers. So, to make clear how can remove AVG Performance correctly on your PC, you should firstly get to know what’s the problem of the program or the removing way you take.
In most cases, corrupted program, improper and incomplete removal are often the cases that cause the program cannot be removed smoothly on the computer. In order to avoid these problems and uninstall AVG Performance with success, you should pay attentions to these things before start to remove:
- Stop AVG Performance and associated AVG processes running on your computer
- Make sure the AVG Performance works well before you remove it
- Remove all of its preference files and registries which are often neglected during the removal
Automatic and manual way to uninstall AVG Performance
Automatic option – remove it with Special Uninstaller
If you want to manage the program removal with simple steps but also can remove the program thoroughly on the computer, you can apply Special Uninstaller to uninstall AVG Performance.
- Start Special Uninstaller on your PC
- Find AVG program on the menu, highlight it, then click “Run Uninstaller”
- Click Yes to start the removal, and follow the removing instructions display on the removing window to complete the first stage of removal
- After that, click on “Scan Leftovers” to check all of related files which still leaving on the computer
- Click to delete all of these leftovers to complete the removal
- Exit Special Uninstaller, then restart your computer to get a refresh
If there is another program like AVG PC TuneUp bundled with the AVG Performance, you should also uninstall it with Special Uninstaller, and the complete removing steps will be as simple as the above instructions.
This is a time-consuming and easy way for people to uninstall AVG Performance and other programs like Avast Pro Antivirus 2015 and DriverDoc on the computer, if you just want remove it by yourself with the following method.
Manual option – uninstall AVG Performance by yourself
Windows uninstaller is a widely used removing utility on the computer with Windows operating system, through which, people can install the unwanted program (if it is not corrupted) on their PCs, but there is an important thing you should pay attention — an additional manual removal for leftovers is needed after removing AVG Performance with Windows uninstaller.
1. Activate the Windows uninstaller on your PC
—Windows XP: click on Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs
—Windows 7: click on Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program
—Windows 8.1: right-click on Start > Programs and Features
2. Find and locate AVG on the list, then click on the remove button
3. Click to conform the removal on computer, then start to remove it with instructions
4. Click OK in the windows to finish the first step of removal, and then you should restart your computer, and take actions to find and clean those files still being left on the PC.
5. Check the installation folder. Go to the folder you used to install AVG Performance, clean every thing inside.
6. Check System Registry. Type “regedit” in the search box to find and open Registry Editor, then find and delete those registry files of AVG, and it is highly recommended to do a back up for your registry before you delete anything inside the database, because there are too many important files in it and they cannot be removed by accident.
Steps to back up registry on PC:
- Open Registry Editor, select the registry you need to back up
- Click on File on the top menu, select Export…
- Save the file in a specific folder on the computer
How about the stubborn files?
Besides the leftover issue, some people may also encounter such a problem that some of these files refused to be removed on the computer. If you encounter some stubborn files when cleaning the remnant files on PC, in order to uninstall AVG Performance completely, I am afraid that you should get a professional removal tool to clean them on your computer. The “Not listed above?” feature on Special Uninstaller also enable to you clean a specific folder which including delete the stubborn files forcibly.
If you want to know about the program removal more directly, please see the following video from YouTube, and follow the steps to uninstall AVG Performance on your computer: