Bitdefender Total Security 2015 is a security application that claims to provide the protection for computer and personal information, but today, I do not teach you how to install or use this application, but focus on the way to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2015 when you want to remove it.
Bitdefender Total Security 2015 is the latest version of the program, it can be downloaded from the official website of Bitdefender and installed with many of its advanced data and technologies of scanning and removing virus infections, but many people barely realized that they will get some troubles of removing Bitdefender Total Security 2015 because of these professional and complex data and technologies. Why? Let me explain more details about it.
Generally, people will thank for the advanced and sophisticated technology of an antivirus program which can protect their PCs well from many malicious attacks. When you need to uninstall it, however, many files and data cannot be detected and removed with the program uninstallation, thus, you will get an incomplete removal issue.
How does the leftovers affect your computer?
When you are not able to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2015 completely and leave some of its associated files and settings on your PC, it will do these impacts on your computer:
- Program Bitdefender Total Security 2015 itself cannot be re-installed
- Other antivirus software unable to be installed on the computer for the program conflict issues
- Remnant files always occupy the limited system space
- Associated processes continue to start automatically on PC
Learn a good way to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2015
Manual way to remove the program
To uninstall the Bitdefender program manually on your computer, there are two parts of removal you need to complete, one is to remove the program with Windows remover, another is check all of files associated to the application and its publisher, then remove them completely on the PC.
1.Uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2015 with Windows remover
- Right-click on Windows icon, select Programs and Features on the menu
- Locate and select Bitdefender Total Security 2015 on the list, then click on Uninstall
- Click on Remove button on the wizard
- Select “I want to permanently remove it”, and click Next
- Wait for the finish of removal, then click on the Restart button to restart your computer
- Click on Start icon >>> Control Panel >>> Uninstall a program
- Highlight Bitdefender Total Security 2015 on the list, and click on “Uninstall”
- Start the removal with instructions, after then, restart your computer
- Open Start menu >>> Control Panel >>> Add/Remove programs
- Select Bitdefender Total Security 2015 on the menu, then click on the Remove/Change button
- Confirm the program removal, and follow the prompts to finish the program removal
- Reboot your computer
2.Find and remove all the files with the program or publisher’s name
There are two places on the computer usually contains the leftovers of uninstall programs: installation folder and System Registry. So, in order to remove Bitdefender Total Security 2015 thoroughly, you should pay attention to check these two places and make sure every thing related to the Bitdefender program has been cleaned well.
Instructions to delete registry files:
- Launch the Search utility on computer, type “regedit”
- Click to open the Registry Editor from the Search results
- Unfold the sub-menu of different registry group, find out and delete the registry related to the software and its developer
Please note that manually editing the registry is very risky for common people to make some removal error, so maybe you need to export the specific registry (right-click on the specific registry) for backup before you remove it.
Automatic way to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2015 (Suggested)
If you choose an automatic way to get rid of this program on your computer, there is only one thing you should do: applying a sophisticated uninstaller.
Special Uninstaller is an automatic program remover that provides a standard and leftover removal for an installed application, so people can easily get rid of the program and all of its related files within a short time.
Tutorials to uninstall Bitdefender Total Security 2015 with Special Uninstaller:
- Installed and start Special Uninstaller
- Select the program on the menu, then click Run Uninstaller
- Click Yes to confirm the removal, then process the standard removal with instructions
- After that, click to restart your computer as it prompts
- Open Special Uninstaller again, then click on Review all the leftovers
- Click to delete all of leftovers, and you will be told that the program has been removed completely