Program iCloud is a Apple product for Windows that provides online storage service, it can share the storage content in different devices with the same iCloud account, and also can be integrated with the Web browsers, however, these powerful and advanced features sometimes would cause some troubles to uninstall iCloud effectively on your PC.
More details of the program
Having an iCloud account means that people can storage their files and information online, where they are and what kind of device they use, they can easily access to the storage with the iCloud account, and the special integration on web browser will offer a convenient access to the service. Many people may think that iCloud can easily be uninstalled by Windows built-in uninstaller, but this is not the case at all in most of time.
What makes you unable to remove iCloud?
When people need to uninstall iCloud for some reasons, the uninstall process or removing result sometimes is not so smooth and effective, people may receive an error message after removing it, or still find the associated features and services appear on the computer. If you also get this troubles when conduct the iCloud removal, please refer to the following removing tips to uninstall this application effectively.
How can uninstall iCloud on Windows
Recommended method: uninstall iCloud with Special Uninstaller
To avoid many possible removing problems as those shared in the forum or Q&A website, and perform the iCloud removal smoothly, the most effective way is taking a professional uninstall tool to help you get rid of the program automatically.
Special Uninstaller is a specific removing utility that enable the user to uninstall a program with simple steps, and also provide the additional leftovers removal to ensure a complete removal for the target application. So, you can download this program and have a try to uninstall iCloud on your PC.
- Stop iCloud’s operation if it is running on your computer
- Start Special Uninstaller, locate iCloud on the menu
- Click Run Uninstaller, and Yes, the removal tool will start the uninstalling process
- Select the Remove option, then click Next
- Click on Yes to make sure you want to completely uninstall iCloud
- When the uninstall process finishes, just click on the Finish icon
- The last but not least, click on “Scan Leftovers” button, Special Uninstaller will check and show you all of remnant files on the computer within a short time
- Then click on “Delete Leftovers” button to remove all of them
- Finally, you will receive a message which informs you about the successful and complete removal, just click on “OK” to finish
Optional method: remove the program independently
There is another way to uninstall iCloud which does not rely on any other utility, but you should pay more attention and time to handle the removal instead, because you should take the Windows built-in uninstaller to remove iCloud firstly, then go to find out and clean all of its files manually which are still leaving on the computer, which including check every location which possibly store the associated files and information.
Step 1 – uninstall iCloud on Windows
- (For Windows 8.1)
- Right-click on Windows button, select “Programs and Features”, it will take you to the Windows attached uninstall panel
- Highlight iCloud on the list of installed programs, then click Change on the head
- Select Remove when you are asked to repair or remove iCloud, and Next
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to completely remove it
- Wait for the iCloud being uninstalled on your Windows, and click on Finish when complete
- Close the panel, and reboot your computer
Step 2 – check and delete associated files and folders
It is often a case that the program uninstallation cannot totally remove the installation folders and other files on the computer, so you should go to check the installation folder and other places that might contain the related files of iCloud, then delete all of them.
Step 3 – remove registry entries
In addition to the remnant files, registry entry is usually the file that easily be neglected during the program removal, so you should locate the system Registry Editor, then delete the registry entries of iCloud and Apple if you don’t have other Apple’s product installed on your PC.
Conclusion, both of the two ways are able to help you uninstall iCloud, even though, you should be cautious about the manual removal, and it is very important to avoid any manual error while deleting the registry entry on your computer, if a system registry are deleted by accident, more and more serious system problems will be waiting for you and make you mad. So, if you don’t want to be involved in such a trouble, why not get Special Uninstaller for a try?